Imitating Christ: His Prayer Life 4

John 17:1 (NKJV)
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,


I will be the first to admit that I make this mistake often.  I might have a trial or problem going on in my life and my prayer is completely self-centered.  As I dwell upon this mistake, I realize that life will always have its problems.  If I allow problems to make my prayer life self-centered, I will never have a God-centered prayer life.

Jesus was preparing to go to the cross and His prayer in John 17 is started with the statement, "that your Son may glorify you."  We must imitate Christ in this regard by having true worship in the place of prayer.

How can you and I do this in the face of adversity?

  • Focus your attention to God's revealed Word
  • Focus your prayer on who God is (His holiness,Faithfulness, Love, Strength..)
  • Choose to worship God for who He is
  • Choose to not only focus on your needs

In my Christian experience of praying through difficulties, I have found that when I focus on worship in prayer, I usually come away more encouraged then if I just focused on my needs.  I encourage you to imitate Christ in this regard!

0 Responses to "Imitating Christ: His Prayer Life 4"