New Year, New Possibilities 7


We have already looked at this verse once but I wanted to key in on the obedience aspect of this verse. God said in  "that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it"

I started a new job recently. I was amazed at how good the training was. The position I was hired for was in sales. The sale is of a technical nature and I am typically not a technical person. The management for this company knows how to sell this product very well. That being said, if an employee listens to what the managers tell him to do concerning selling their product, that employee will be successful. The company sold 1.3 million dollars worth of this product in the month of December. The strategy is working and the company is doing well.

I observed a strange phenomenon though. Some employees do not listen to the management and they are unable to sell. They moan and groan about not making any money but the truth is many don't pay attention to the training they received.

I see some parallels with God's instructions to Joshua. In Joshua 1:8 we read:

Joshua 1:8 (NKJV)
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

In this verse of scripture, we read that God requires that we heed His Words. If you remember, at one point Joshua and Israel allowed sin (disobedience to God's law) in their midst and they were defeated by a much smaller nation.

The point is simple yet often overlooked in Christendom: OBEDIENCE IS A KEY TO GOD BLESSING YOUR LIFE!

Just do what God tells you and everything else will fall into place!!

0 Responses to "New Year, New Possibilities 7"