In the last post, we saw that we should approach the New Year with a trust in God's 100% guarantee that we will overcome. Now, I realize that things don't change as soon as we like them but the fact still remains that we eventually will overcome. What do we do while things don't seem to be changing? We approach the New Year with confidence in our God who has promised Victory but we face the same challenge moment by moment, day by day, week by week. It can get frustrating
There are a couple of things that we see in Joshua's instruction from God that will help us with our perseverance through what appears to be unchanging circumstances.
The first is found in verse 5 of our section of scripture:
Joshua 1:5 (NKJV)
5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.
After reminding Joshua of his 100% guarantee for victory, God reminds Joshua that God will not forsake him. This is an invaluable point to consider. Why? Because all of us are tempted to think that God is somehow no loner involved because our situation is just too hard.
We think things like:
- God would not allow this if He cared
- God has promised to bless me, and I feel cursed
- God said I would be healed but the doctor said it is incurable
We all forget this at times. The disciples had Jesus sleeping in the boat with them but they were still scared out of their minds when the waves got too big. You and I chide them for their lack of faithfulness but don't we do the same? Don't we act like Jesus is asleep and has forgotten us?
My friend, He is not asleep and He has not forgotten about you or your circumstances. He sees things clearer then you and I could ever hope to see them. Let's let us remember that He is our Lord, Master, and King and with Him with us we shall make it through whatever life brings on our path.
As we dig into this New Year, let's remember that God has promised that He won't forsake us. This thought alone should sustain us while going through the most dire of circumstances.
0 Responses to "New Year, New Possibilities 4"
Post a Comment