Many times I speak with people that do not get much out of reading their Bible. They have read the stories containted within its pages many times and the stories themselves have lost their excitement. Many don't know the joy and untapped well of applying the scripures to everyday life.
When we read the Bible for information only we are missing all the God has for us. There is a limited number of stories and content in the Bible, but the ability to apply those stories and content is unlimited. This is why the subject of application is so important! I found a few questions from a post on Youversion.com that I want to post here that will help you and I to apply the Word of God to our lives.
Questions we should ask ourselves when reading the Word:
1. Is there an example that I should follow?
2. Is there a sin that I need to confess, repent and stop doing?
3. Is there a command that I should obey?
4. Is there an attitude that I should change?
5. Is there a promise that I can claim?
6. Is there an error that I should avoid?
7. Is there a prayer that I should pray?
Have you found that you struggle with applying the Bible to your life?
0 Responses to "Applying the Bible to Everyday Life"
Post a Comment